Unique custom built
Shelter Marine is a boutique boat building company with the ability to take on unique custom built houseboats. Ensuring unparalleled quality, attention to detail and customer service. Houseboats are a fairly new concept in South Africa, our goal is to make this multi-purpose retreat with ever changing scenic views an alternative to river/lake property ownership. With a number of personally designed houseboats, we can ensure the perfect houseboat for your specific requirements.
Our pitched roof permanently moored houseboats are a more cost effective alternative to a river front property. They are not permanent dwellings but weekend or holiday homes, which lend themselves more to share ownership or rental opportunists.
Inspired by the American marina houseboats where houseboating is a big deal. Is it a house or a boat? Having to look twice was the primary goal of this design.
Spacious living areas
Large living areas make this houseboat a very comfortable dwelling. This also lends itself to more customisation in terms of floor layout.
Our houseboats are SAMSA approved. Initial registration and COF is included in the purchase price
Although she does have the capability of cruising, the idea of her design is to keep her moored at a jetty or at anchor.
Our pedantic style of building is usually taken to the point of being obsessive. You can be assured the final product is as close to perfection as you can get.
– Length 14m x Beam 9m
– Hull: 2 x 9m fiberglass pontoons
– Hull: 1 x 4m fiberglass pontoon
– Hull inner: Coated with pool coat
– Hull inspection hatches: Every 1.2m compartments
– Hull reinforcement: Bump rail
– Support: Airtight bulkhead every 1.2m
– Light weight steel frame structure
– Side exterior walls: Vermont planking
– Roof sheeting (Optional upgrade shingles)
– Interior walls: Dry walling
– Windows: Aluminium frame, tinted armour plate glass
– Doors: Tinted, laminated sliding doors
– Custom floor plan
– Custom kitchen
– Ceilings (light weight)
– Tables tops
– 2 x Bathroom plumping accessories
– 2 x Queen bed cabin
– 2000lt fresh water tank
– 2500lt grey water tank
– Teak decking
– Mild steel railings (optional upgrade stainless steel)
– 4 x bow eyes
– 2 x bumpers and tie ropes
– Shore power: 40Amp cord
– 4 x 4 bar pressure pumps
– Interior & exterior lighting
– Navigation lights
– Bilge pumps
– Electric gas stove & oven
– 1 x 150lt electric geyser